It is one of the main parts of traditional and modern medicine. Although the department of internal medicine seems to be a main department whose importance decreases after the birth of sub-branches such as gastroenterology, endocrinology, hematology, nephrology, immunology, oncology, geriatrics in parallel with scientific and technological developments, the fact that the patient is a whole day by day and the aging world On the contrary, it has become a section of increasing importance due to the fact that multiple diseases are observed together in the population and the importance of systematically evaluating the patient from a wide window.
In the light of today’s scientific developments, necessary modern tests, laboratory (blood, urine, stool, etc.), radiological examinations (x-ray, ultrasonography, mammography, computed tomography, MRI, bone density, etc.), in line with detailed history and physical examination, endoscopic examinations when necessary It provides early and definitive diagnosis of diseases by using all necessary tests such as (upper gastrointestinal system endoscopy, colonoscopy, etc.) and ECG.
Although Internal Diseases is divided into many sub-branches in parallel with scientific and technological developments, it is of great importance in terms of evaluating the patient as a whole, making the diagnosis by making further examinations and arranging the treatment.
Diseases that the Department of Internal Medicine deals with;
- Fever and other infectious diseases
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes)
- Thyroid diseases (Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism etc.) and other endocrinological (hormonal) disorders
- Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol and triglyceride)
- Digestive system diseases (gastritis, ulcer, reflux, spastic colitis, etc.)
- Liver and gallbladder diseases (Cirrhosis, gallstones and inflammations)
- Upper and lower respiratory tract diseases, lung diseases (COPD, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, etc.),
- Kidney diseases (diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of kidney failures)
- Diagnosis and treatment of anemia and blood diseases
- Early diagnosis of various cancer diseases
- Rheumatic diseases include diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
In line with the diagnosis made in the General Internal Medicine Department, our patients are tried to be restored to their health as soon as possible by inpatient treatment in cooperation with other departments in the service or intensive care unit when necessary. If necessary, sub-branches of internal medicine-endocrinology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, etc. In cooperation with both cardiology, chest diseases, infectious diseases, neurology, all surgical departments, and psychiatry departments, it tries to solve all the health problems of the patient by referring the patient to the relevant department when necessary.
General Internal medicine service includes outpatient clinic examinations, inpatient follow-up and treatment, emergency service and check-up. Check-up is a comprehensive health screening that is carried out periodically without any complaint of the person and is carried out in line with the person’s gender, age and increasing risk factors. Thanks to check-ups, the diagnosis of many vital diseases as early as possible can increase the probability of treatment success of the diseases.